Evaluating Research outputs and researchers, and non-academic impact (M5)
Lecturer: Dr.Suzilawati Kamarudi – Azman Hashim International Business School, Malaysia
Period: 25 – 29 March 2019
Participant will have a chance to learn how to evaluate research impact including how to develop a ranking of publications which suit own environmental context by the experience researcher from Azman Hashim International Business School,Malaysia. By the end of the module, participants should be able to:
- Develop awareness on how to evaluate a research impact.
- Create a research environment and agenda for their own institutions based on the critical elements that foster research impact.
- Disseminate the importance of academic and non-academic impact among their colleagues
- Understand factors that promote and achieve non-academic impact
- Explore possibilities of developing a ranking of publications which suit their environmental context at the country level.
Effective Use of Technology for a Successful Academic Career (M6)
Lecturer: Dr. Peck Leong Tan – Universiti Teknologi MARA
Period: 18 – 22 March 2019
Participant will have a chance to enhance the skills of early career researchers to optimize the use of technology of advancing their academic career by the experience researcher from Universiti Teknologi MARA, Malaysia. This module focuses on:
- To build and scale up the capacity of researchers on developing their critical thinking by means of argumentative analysis.
- To develop skills of researchers in using technology for enhancing their data collection and analysis preparation.
- To scale up and expand researcher’s capabilities on effective teaching methods.
- To improve the researcher’s skills in developing the instructional technology for teaching and learning.