TF LEaRN Programme at National University of Singapore (NUS)
What is this programme about?
With the aim of grooming leadership skills, the TF LEaRN Programme @ NUS nurtures the next generation of Asian leaders by providing opportunities for cultural exchange, networking, community engagement and leadership development.
Students who are nominated by their home universities in Southeast Asia, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan are eligible to apply.
Students receive S$6,500 during their exchange at NUS.
When and where does it take place?
The programme takes place at NUS during the students’ exchange in Semester 1 (August – December 2020).
What is the content?
- Academic courses
Students will take 3 – 4 modules in NUS and must obtain an average Grade of B and above during their exchange in NUS.
- Community Involvement
Students are required to spend a minimum of 15 hours on at least one community involvement project in Singapore.
- Host Programme
Students will be hosted by NUS TF LEaRN scholars.
- TF LEaRN activities
All TF LEaRN activities are compulsory. These include the Welcome Briefing, LEaRN Service Leadership event, Friendship Day and TF LEaRN Young Asian Leaders Forum. Students may be required to help organise some events, when called upon by the Global Relations Office (GRO). The events will be held in Singapore.
- Photo-essay of learning experience
- Community log sheet
- Academic transcript from NUS
- Online survey
What are the eligibility requirements?
Students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Are nominated by their home university
- Are successful in both their TF LEaRN Programme @ NUS and Non-Graduating Exchange Programme applications
- Are undergraduates who completed at least one year of study in their home universities
- Are studying in their country of citizenship
- Are in the top 10% of their cohort in academic performance
- Are fluent in English
- Are interested in community service and have served in leadership positions
- Fully commit to all aspects of the programme